Chemical Company 6

chemical-6

Image Source: Detroit Historical Society. Link

Description: Group of nine firefighters of Chemical Company No. 6 posing with their horse-drawn fire engine in front of their firehouse. Notes with photo indicate firehouse located at Elmwood and Fort, which would indicate Engine 7. Above photo does not match firehouse for Engine 7.

Engine Company 3

enigne3-horse

Image Source: Courtesy of the Burton Historical Collection, Detroit Public Library. Link

Description: Horse drawn rig leaving firehouse E3-1.

engine-3

Image Source: Detroit Historical Society. Link

Description: Circa 1910. Engine #3, first motorized apparatus. Shown in front of E3-1.

engine3b

Image Source: Detroit Historical Society. Link

Description: c.1913; Engine 3, Clifford & Griswold; 1912 Ahrens-Fox Piston Pumper.

Engine Company 4

engine4b

Image Source: Detroit Historical Society. Link

Description: ”K.C. Barker” Engine Company in front of the fire station building on Orchard Street. The horse-drawn steam fire engine is parked on the street in front of the 2-story brick fire station. Five firemen (wearing helmets) are standing near the horse and wheel at the front of the steam engine, one fireman is seated in the driver’s seat, and four firemen are standing adjacent to the rear wheel of the fire engine. The fireman who is nearest to the horse’s head is wearing a belt with the lettering, ”Foreman.” The fireman who is standing above the rear wheel axle is wearing a belt with the lettering, ”Engineer.” All of the other firemen are wearing belts which show the name ”K. C. Barker.” Circa 1878. Shown in front of Engine 4-1.